Patient Care Technical Associate
Under direct supervision from a registered nurse or other designated supervision, provides direct patient care or miscellaneous technical support by performing delegated procedures of a specialized and technical nature, which may include obtaining hemodynamic measurements, setting up and maintaining specialized clinical equipment and performing delegated clinical or laboratory procedures, changing dressings, assisting with admitting and discharge procedures. Under FLSA, incumbents in this position are nonexempt.
- Must have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful experience in a health care setting with a demonstrated ability to perform clinical tasks.
- General knowledge of office practices, computer literate and skilled.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations and knowledge of issues pertaining to health disparities with demonstrated commitment and track record in serving diverse populations and working to reduce health disparities. All services to be delivered through the lens of cultural competency.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in addition to being able to take direction
- Documented history of Excellent attendance and punctuality required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Able to work in a health professions training program.
- Ability to work weekends, Holidays, and various shifts.
Experience in taking vital signs to include blood pressure, pulse, and blood rate.Time-management skills. Commitment to providing excellent patient care. Excellent attendance record. Flexibility in scheduling.
This is a 40hr. Eve position.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.