Nurse Anesthetist Senior-Satellite Site Manager- Kellogg Surgical Center
2 days left
- Full Time
Directly report to the UH/CVC Chief Nurse Anesthetist in the supervision and management of the activities of Nurse Anesthetists assigned to Kellogg Surgical Center. Act on behalf of the Chief/Assistant Chief Nurse Anesthetists in his/her absence and assume UH/CVC CRNA Administrative support assignments. Non-clinical time will be negotiated in conjunction with the UH/CVC Chief Nurse Anesthetist and the Site Medical Director. Assume responsibility for tracking financial expenditures and align those expenditures with clinical operations to assure financial efficiencies. This position functions in a predominately clinical capacity. Assure operational practices remain aligned with UH/CVC. Additional duties both at site and at UH/CVC Hospital as assigned.
Support of Clinical Operations
In collaboration with the Site Medical Director and in alignment with the UH/CVC Chief Nurse Anesthetist, assume responsibility for total management of anesthesia commodities at the assigned site and assure proper level and maintenance of anesthesia equipment. Collaborate with site management team, and in conjunction with the UH/CVC Chief Nurse Anesthetist, in benchmarking, work redesign, cost management, and staffing and scheduling strategies in support of clinical operations. Assist in planning and implementation of new or expanded services and programs at the Kellogg Surgical Center.
Provide administrative supervision and management of CRNA personnel in accordance with guidelines from the Health System and the collective bargaining agreement to include evaluation, counseling, coaching and/or mentoring. Assist Senior CRNA Management in hiring processes. Manage site orientation of new staff. Oversee educational initiatives and advancement of clinical expertise of CRNAs as it relates to ambulatory anesthesia conducted in an offsite clinical practice.
Provide anesthesia and anesthesia related care to facilitate diagnostic, therapeutic and/or surgical procedures to all patients regardless of age under the medical direction of an anesthesiologist, working collaboratively in a team environment . Prepare preoperative assessments including health histories and physical examinations. Develop the Anesthesia Care Plan with the anesthesiologist. Initiate and maintain appropriate perioperative anesthesia care. Maintain appropriate patient records including quality assurance documentation. Complete postoperative evaluations in accordance with department policies. Participate in ongoing projects. Support perioperative providers. Other duties or projects as assigned. Function in accordance with all institutional policies and guidelines. Maintain licensure, certification, credentialing, and current BLS, ACLS, and PALS status at all times. This position requires radiation exposure and the requirement to wear the appropriate (PPE) personal protective equipment. Must be able to fulfill required weekend obligations. Must be self-directed, reliable, demonstrate initiative and motivation to work independently, and demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Quality Management and Research
Provide input on matters of commodity and equipment procurement and utilization. Manage Omnicell issues and act as key liaison with Pharmacy services. Assure controlled substance compliance and assist in resolving Omincell discrepancies. Actively participate in and be responsible for portions of site readiness for regulatory inspections. Prepare and assist in the transfer of patients to the main hospital. Support quality improvement initiatives.
Nursing Specific Info
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
- Current and accurate resume and application must be completed
- Minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited nurse anesthesia educational program
- Current RN license and certification as a Nurse Anesthetist
- Current ACLS and PALS certification
- Able to wear the appropriate (PPE) personal protective equipment as this position requires radiation exposure and the requirement to wear the appropriate PPE
- Five (5) years’ full time nurse anesthesia experience within the past 64 months
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
* Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited educational program
- Recent success in a surgery center health care environment leadership role
- Nurse management experience in a tertiary health care setting
- Previous project management experience with success
- Previous success in a health care environment leadership role along with demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrates effective time management and organizational skills
- Participation in leadership development courses
- Participation in communication development courses
- Participation in new employee/SRNA orientation/mentorship
- Participation in patient care improvement/staff engagement committee membership
- Demonstrated experience in positive interpersonal relationships, customer service, communication, collaboration, problem solving, resolving conflict, communicating expectations, leading by example, building cohesive teams, building consensus, work effectively with administrators, physicians, peers, and subordinates
- Demonstrated experience to accept and initiate change in work place design
- Demonstrates strong patient advocacy
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in evidence based practice
- Familiarity with the principles of Patient and Family Centered Care
- Strong computer and equipment skills
Hours: Full time
- Day/evening shift coverage
- Weekend shifts and call obligation
- Variable shift start/end times and shift length
- Subject to change d/t variable OR activity
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.