Faculty of Engineering Workshop Technician
Division/School Engineering Faculty Office
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full time
Salary £28,936 - £32,548
Closing date for applications 23-Oct-2018
The Faculty of Engineering are recruiting a Workshop Technician.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced tool room /workshop machinist based in the University of Bristol.
Main duties will include:
- Manufacturing bespoke components using mills and lathes
- Following detailed drawings to produce working models
- Supporting students and imparting knowledge of engineering practices and techniques
- Instructing and training students and staff in the safe use of hand tools and machining processes required by projects
- Maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment, machines and tools
The ideal candidate will be an apprentice-served toolmaker or tool-room machinist with a sound practical working knowledge of milling, grinding, turning and other machine shop processes. Good communication skills are essential for this role.
The position is being offered on a full time, open-ended contract.
Informal enquiries may be made to:
Matt Finch Telephone 0117 331 5010 or e-mail email@example.com
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.