Health Insurance Scheme Administrator
4 days left
- Full Time
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Seize this opportunity to join CERN’s HR Department and contribute to the management of the CERN Health Insurance Scheme (CHIS – see http://cern.ch/CHIS) and the supervision of its Third Party Administrator (TPA): bring your organisational and analytical skills to assist the manager of a scheme whose day-to-day administration is handled by a world class Third Party Administrator. CERN, take part!
In the Compensation and Benefits Group (HR-CB), you will join the CHIS Manager’s Office Section (HR-CB-CMO) to assist in all CHIS-related activities. Under the supervision of the CHIS Manager, you will notably:
- Provide answers and advice to CHIS members in a timely manner, referring to the CHIS Manager as required; on this basis, develop and maintain the CHIS website.
- Assume the CHIS secretariat, inter alia: revision of official texts and communications (including the final-form of the CHIS Rules), organising and attending meetings (including producing minutes thereof), maintaining the archives.
- Contribute to the development, review, and documentation of CHIS processes, and assure the smooth operation of many of them.
- Contribute to the analysis of incurred expenditure and TPA performance, and to the simulation of proposals regarding benefits or contributions.
- Ensure the publication of the CHIS newsletter (CHIS’ Bull): contact contributors, proofread and edit material, source illustrations, and interact with the copy-editing and printing contractors.
- Keep up to date with the health insurance schemes in other intergovernmental organisations and Member-States.
- Assist the Health Insurance CHIS Manager in his/her various duties, including key project work and relations with counterparts in other intergovernmental organisations; after a few years, deputise for him/her.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience in the fields of business administration, human resources, management, or a related field.
Demonstrated relevant professional experience, preferably in an international environment:
- Experience in consolidating and analysing data, as well as producing reports on findings.
- Experience in editing or producing different types of documents (e.g. correspondence, regulatory texts, brochures, reports) in different formats (e.g. paper, electronic or web).
- Experience in health insurance management or administration would be an advantage.
- Customer service.
- Executive assistance.
- Metrics and analytics.
- Use of office software packages: advanced use of text processing and data consolidation & analysis tools.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and procedures: health insurance related knowledge would be an asset.
- Building relationships: caring about the well-being of others Being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests
- Communicating effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented Providing others with timely information
- Working in teams: supporting and acting in accordance with team decisions; accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations Having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind
- Very good command of spoken and written English and French.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 24.10.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: HR-CB-CMO-2018-95-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Human Resources Support Officer
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further