- Salary Package: From $70,699 – 80,381 p.a. (Level 5), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: 2 x Parental Leave replacements, fixed term for 12 months
You will be professional and approachable in providing advice and support to students. Your high level of attention to detail and organisational skills will ensure your ability to provide timely and accurate responses to queries. You will enjoy working both autonomously and as part of a team.
Your fluency in the language and experience of the culture of a South Asian country will be imperative to this role.
The Admissions Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide advice and support to prospective international students, newly enrolled students, representatives (agents) and pathway providers on the application and admissions process.
- Review and evaluate undergraduate and postgraduate applications and escalate complex student cases as required.
- Develop and coordinate the distribution of correspondence for qualified applicants including confirmation of enrolment, tuition fees and health cover in accordance with University policy and relevant legislation.
- Collate, review and maintain records of enquiries, applicants and enrolees to ensure accurate and current information.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
Macquarie International (MI) supports a broad range of international engagement activities including international fee-paying student recruiting, outbound student and staff mobility, and management of a global network of institutional relationships that support research and teaching objectives. As the international arm of the University, MI's activities across the world protect and enhance the reputation of the University, are student focused and embody the highest professional and ethical standards.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing or related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in student admissions in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high levels of customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in building positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in understanding and interpreting legislation, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and prioritising effectively.
- Proficiency in a South Asian language is required.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Enquiries: Irene Ho, International Admissions Manager on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 21 October 2018 at 11:55 pm AEDT
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.