Carolina Family Practice & Sports Medicine-Raleigh
Performs a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of body parts requested by a Carolina Family Practice & Sports Medicine/Duke Orthopedic provider. Uses exposure techniques in accordance with radiation safety/ALARA guidelines. Uses protective equipment whenever possible. Practices patient safety through double patient identifiers, hand hygiene, infection prevention, falls risk identification, and identifying pregnant or possibly pregnant patients. Monitors equipment for changes and performs daily and weekly maintenance to extend the lifetime of the equipment. Uses and cares for radiation dosimeter to ensure personal safety. Performs supportive duties, such as, but not limited to, obtaining patient vitals, EKGs, point of care testing, etc. Flexibility to work at any of 3 clinic locations.
- Performs high quality diagnostic radiographic exams per provider orders
- Ensures patient safety via double patient identifier, infection prevention, radiation safety procedures and observation of any possible falls risk while in the care of the rad tech
- Handles requests for x ray overreads and CD copies in a timely manner.
- Performs daily maintenance, which includes cleaning the equipment at the end of each day, as well as after any possible infectious patient encounter. Reports any malfunctions to the appropriate person to minimize any potential downtime in clinic.
- Greets and identifies self to patient and explains the x ray procedure.
- Assists in patient care outside of the x ray department by helping with referrals, rooming patients, answering phones and other tasks, when there is some downtime in x ray.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience working independently as a rad tech.
- Ortho experience
- Knowledge of family practice & sports medicine
Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiology Technology Experience: None required
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
ARRT certification in radiography BLS certification
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 10 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
4129 RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST. OFF-SITE PRAC
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
- Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
- Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiology Technology
Auto req ID