Ambulatory Care Nurse II
Brier Creek - Endocrine
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans,evaluate nursing care provided,document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses. 25%
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care of diabetics in an ambulatory setting, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager. 25%
- Educate & screen high-risk patients. 25%
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care including intake,medication administration, POCT5%
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners. 2%
- Delegate nursing assignments and patient care to patient care staff 2%
- Stock and maintain inventory of patient care supplies and linen 2%
- Perform administrative duties such as patient supply forms,prescription refills and other triage tasks as necessary to support clinic 5%
- Participates in performance improvement projects 2%
- Maintain clinical environment to meet JCAHO and OSHA regulations 5%
- Other duties as delegate by Health Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, Provider or others as delegated by clinic leadership. 2%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience in ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Previous experience with Endocrine patients preferred
- Previous experience within the Duke Health System (For ChargePosition)
- Experience with computerized charting systems, Epic Preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills• Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of date.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level. Experience in Endocrine, Emergency, Urgent Care or ambulatory preferred
- Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina.
- BLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- May have to travel between locations on occasional basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.