Clinical Nurse, Registered Nurse I or II
RN - NEW TO THE OPERATING ROOM PROGRAM (RN LICENSE REQUIRED)
Experienced RN's and New Grad RN’s are welcome to apply to this NTTOR Program, offered at these locations: Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital and Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
Required start date of February 18, 2019. (RN license required before this date)
Interviews will be conducted during our New to the OR event on November 7, 2018.
NTTOR Event Details:
November 7 @ 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Searle Center at Duke University Hospital
Registration will be confirmed when you complete your application here.
- A cover letter is optional; however past healthcare and other experience, capstone, internships and volunteer experience will be helpful in the evaluation of your application.
Duke University Health System seeks to hire Clinical Nurses who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Our surgical teams are active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. We offer surgical services in:
- General Surgery
- Otolaryngology Head & Neck (ENT)
- Eye Center
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: 40 hours/week
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness!
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- No previous work experience is required.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Click here for more information
4023 CLINICAL NURSE I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.ywarch:
Registered Nurse, RN, Surgery, surgical, scrub, circulate
Auto req ID