- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Student Support and Services (SSS) function, led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellery (Academic), is moving towards a tiered service delivery model that will deliver a central service for enquiry management whilst maintaining a local presence for specialised services. To enable this, a central team will be created comprised of four pillars which will work together, and partner with faculties, to deliver shared services and a great student experience.
About the role
- $91K - $99K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term until May 2019
- Full-time 35 hours per week
Student Client Services is responsible for managing information, and enquiry services to students, both through Student Central and the Faculty student centres. The Project Officer will be part of a team that will help support the implementation of a Student Support and Services program, including the implementation of a Student Hub.
The Project Officer is responsible for providing efficient and effective support to the Senior Project Manager. The role will coordinate and work on a number of streams within the program of work including assisting with the preparation of reports, working with key stakeholders, and providing support and assistance within the program to ensure the goals and initiatives are achieved.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A degree with substantial relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience in drafting and compiling project documentation, plans and objectives.
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to analyse complex environments and provide recommendations and solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiations skills including ability to liaise effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders and build strong relationships to achieve objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong report writing and documentation skills and ability to present complex material effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to summarise issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Sound judgement and ability to exercise initiative, tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Kim Symons, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 0670
Applications close: 21 October 2018
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity