Clincial Admin Research Coordinator
With a high degree of independence and limited supervision, assists PI and Co-Investigators in the Section of Administration with the operation and coordination of all aspects of various research projects with a focus on care transitions, improving patient safety, and implementing various technologies to improve outcomes. This position will support on all new and existing research projects in the Section of Administration; data collection and analyses; preparation of slides, posters, abstracts and manuscript; completion of progress reporting; execution of grant submissions; and ability to coordinate annual research conference. May perform other duties as assigned.
PLEASE SUBMIT 2 WRITING SAMPLES AND A COVER LETTER IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
- Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol. Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by Yale University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
- Develops criteria for admission of study subjects based on goals and objectives of project.
- Determines potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships.
- Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of staffing needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity of group. Negotiates contracts and/or changes with funder.
- Develops original HIC/IRB submissions. Based on knowledge of science and research goals, collaborates with PIs on major revisions and contributes to scientific protocols. Plans and implements changes.
- Develops forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; writes procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
- Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that report forms are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner at each site location.
- Works independently to develop manage and organize multi site studies. Serves as primary coordinator between University, non-Yale collaborators, pharmaceutical companies, HIC, IRB and funding sources.
- Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
- Contributes in-depth, original thought and relevance to written reports and to the writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a related discipline and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated self-motivation, independence, consistency and reliability, including excellent attendance and punctuality. Proven ability to be extremely organized, detailed orientated and a strong communicator.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated facility and ability with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to use statistical analysis software, demonstrated preparation of slides, posters, abstracts, and manuscripts.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proven ability to effectively, efficiently and independently work under pressure, and to set priorities among multiple competing tasks including coordinating research conferences. Excellent oral/written communication and leadership skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability preparing Institutional Review Board protocols, amendments and annual reporting for departmental research.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.