Reporting to the Associate Director of Clinical Optimization Services, provide project management specific for provider and non-provider based clinics. The Project Manager will independently be responsible for the development of clinical optimization assessments by way of detailed written and analytical analysis to yield: enhanced processes, revenue cycle improvements, and improve patient, physician and provider satisfaction. Working with broad guidelines, possessing a high level of discretion and judgment and a thorough understanding of strategic goals and objectives, assesses the scope of an assessment, and identifies resources and staff required to complete the project while developing, monitoring and reporting reasonable timeframes for completion. Consistently communicate with the project team and key stakeholders via written or face-to-face communication to ensure they are fully informed of the assessment’s progression. Project Manager will autonomously analyze current state clinic operational workflows in addition to structured and raw data sets, to produce a final deliverable for senior leadership.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage major projects. Track the activities of multiple projects and resources devoted to each project and ensure timely completion. Report on a regular basis the status of project tasks, adjustments to timelines, resource requirements and barriers to completion. Formulate and design working protocols to achieve end results. Identify and coordinate all necessary resources (physical, HR, financial, systems) to achieve project objectives.
- Work collaboratively and diplomatically with multiple offices to define project scope, goals and deliverables; acquire information, set deadlines and monitor progress. Facilitate strong relationships, unity and focus with managers, directors and team members to achieve project goals. Effectively communicate logical project phases to participants, identify obstacles, recommend and implement solutions. Oversee work completed by staff in multiple areas supporting larger projects and utilize team-building skills to facilitate timely completion of projects.
- Orchestrate reviews focused on both routine processes and problem areas to proactively resolve structural, control, or operational issues. Identify and communicate best practices throughout the organization. Conduct reviews of methods and procedures to evaluate efficiencies and foster consistent and effective practices. Aid departments in meeting and maintaining established expectations for organization-wide goals and objectives.
- Recognize and make the most of opportunities for systems integration. Engage business partners to optimize integration opportunities.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools. Monitor and report on the progress of the project, including problems and solutions. Intervene where necessary to keep the project on task while maintaining unity among all stakeholders and team members through a positive, collaborative and diplomatic approach.
- Staff a number of committees on behalf of leadership. Provide detailed information and written reports for committee decision-making and policy planning. Compile and present status reports to management, keeping them abreast of projects with summary updates along with revised policies and procedures relevant to the project.
- Present project detail/status to departmental staff and leadership at regular meetings when necessary. 8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field and a minimum of five years of work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Critical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate a team-based approach to complete projects with tact and diplomacy while interacting with internal and external contacts and staff at all levels.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proven ability to work successfully within a team environment and as an individual contributor. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to be flexible to adjust work schedule to allow team priorities to be met.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to manage several projects concurrently while balancing competing priorities and deadlines. Possess extreme flexibility in work focus: proven ability to switch among several different projects without any adverse effects.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Comfortable and confident enough to manage projects that are outside one’s current area of expertise. Willing to learn new things and ask questions to obtain required information. Ability to redirect efforts to stay on course, resolve conflict and provide the voice of reason when necessary.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Project management or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred. Working knowledge of EPIC, MS Excel, MS Visio and MS Project; familiarity with Oracle, Workday and other Yale University systems; work experience in the healthcare, consulting, change management or project management fields.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.