Financial Analyst 2, Chart of Accounts
The Chart of Accounts Analyst serves as the initial point of contact and performs initial triage for departmental and central requests and inquiries related to the Chart of Accounts. This individual will provide professional service, financial management guidance, and consultation to COA end-users and supports COA departmental and strategic projects. This position is also responsible for providing financial information (identifying risk, recommending policy/process improvements) through analysis and reporting.
The COA Analyst will be required to develop ongoing rapport with clients, demonstrate great flexibility and follow through. Coordinating with departmental customers in a variety of job roles, central approvers and central processors, the COA Analyst facilitates a variety of COA requests and performs regular and ad hoc analysis (with assessments, interpretations and recommendations) of COA segment usage and/or attributes, as assigned. In many cases, the COA Analyst may also participate in the implementation of those recommendations.
- Financial modeling and forecasting:Provides analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Organizes information from a variety of sources for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts. Collaborates with all levels of management, both internally and externally, to gather, analyze, summarize, prepare, and present recommendations regarding financial activities, plans and other complex financial matters. Researches and evaluates information to help resolve issues and make recommendations. May develop or execute complex financial models.
- Financial analysis, accounting and reporting:Analyzes information and creates accurate and timely reports. Applies GAAP to carry out department objectives. Ensures financial reporting meets the compliance needs of internal and external users. Extracts and consolidates data from multiple sources. May identify or prepare ledger entries to ensure appropriate accounting and/or reporting.
- Financial methods and systems:Recommends methods to improve practices, processes and systems. Collaborates with all levels of internal and external contacts to carry out department objectives. Provides a high level of service that cultivates and maintains strong working relationships and effectively communicates information; takes ownership and accountability for timeliness, accuracy and relationship management.
- Strategic Resource:Translates unit finance objectives into priorities. Identifies and raises financial issues and risks and makes recommendations. Identifies and connects with appropriate stakeholders to include in consultations, communications and approvals.
- Compliance and risk management:Establishes, implements and/or maintains strong internal controls in areas of assigned responsibility to provide reasonable assurance of effective and appropriate resources use, accurate financial information, and adherence to contractual obligations and agreements, policies, procedures, and external regulatory requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance and 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated application of accounting, financial, and economic concepts.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability with accounting and financial flows. Demonstrated knowledge of University financial management and financial systems, including Oracle and the MS Office suite (especially Excel and Access). Ability to develop additional skills utilizing these systems.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Solid and effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and rapport with clients and colleagues.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Well-developed organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated ability to take on additional responsibilities and projects within role.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience with query design in Brio or other similar reporting tools. Experience using BlueWorks or other similar business process flow application.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus