Starting Salary Range: $27,309 to $37,532 per year
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001508-Engineering Research Center
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The Locomotion in Mechanical and Biological Systems (LIMBS) laboratory is seeking a research technologist to work in a highly dynamic and interdisciplinary engineering and neuroscience laboratory on the Homewood campus at the Johns Hopkins University.
The LIMBS lab develops and applies advanced experimental and modeling techniques to study the interplay between neural systems and biomechanics in a wide range of biological systems (see https://limbs.lcsr.jhu.edu/ for more information).
- Building, maintaining, and programming custom experimental hardware.
- Training animals in behavioral tasks.
- Assisting in collection of data.
- Analysis of behavioral and neurophysiological data.
- Ordering lab supplies.
- Upkeep of animal care facility as well as general lab maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science, neuroscience, or related fields.
- Some related post-undergraduate work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting is highly desirable.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical skills in one or more of the following is required: programming in Matlab, Python or C++, facility with hand tools, and/or knowledge of basic hardware/electronics.
- Flexible hours, including some weekends, is a requirement.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: