Data Administration Analyst
The Data Administration Analyst reports to the Associate Dean for Admissions and provides strategic leadership and supervision of the implementation and long-term development of the customer relationship management (CRM) system, Slate. Serves as the key systems administrator, SISS Office liaison and the TGS representative to university-wide efforts focused on CRM.
The Data Administration Analyst will engage with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Development, department DGS/As, and faculty reviewers to understand recruitment and yield challenges and translate these needs into system-aided tracking, reporting and recruitment communications tools. It is essential that the Data Administration Analyst have strong written and oral communication skills, a deep understanding of admissions, and relevant technical abilities to incorporate constituency requirements into system capabilities.
Program Administration and Strategic Development
- Configure Admissions CRM implementation and rollout strategy across departments and programs. Responsible for long-term planning, enhancements and continuous growth in utilization of system features in admissions and recruitment processes.
- Oversee the building process and launch plan of Slate application for all programs – Ph.D., master’s, and non-degree – replacing the current Apply Yourself Hobson’s product
- Develop workflow for internal staff responsibilities within Slate that encompasses the overall admissions arena, covering department decision recommendations, TGS decision review, fellowship nominations and final decision release
- Design file review process for department committees that informs yield and provides potential for improved selectivity
- Introduce event features to facilitate attendance tracking and developing the interview process features where relevant to assist in candidate engagement
Communication and Training
- Collaborate with TGS Senior Public Affairs Officer and Communications Strategist to coordinate communication to Duke constituencies engaged in Slate roll-out to ensure consistent and targeted messaging
- Manage development efforts of training documentation, library of video clips, newsletter, printed media, and train-the-trainer workshops.
- Lead collaboration with SISS office to maintain effective strategies for developing and delivering training initiatives for all TGS Slate constituents – Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Development, DGS/As, faculty reviewers, admissions staff
- Define and communicate responsibilities for train-the-trainer services for all partners: departments, faculty reviewers, Graduate School, and related campus organizations such as SISS and professional schools
- Drive the development of communication campaigns for departments to enhance recruitment efforts via messages aimed at target audiences – begin with Sloan initiative as pilot program
- Oversee development of decision letters and decision release process to ensure secure and timely delivery of decisions to applicants
- Direct the development of inquiry forms for pilot programs and train users on best practices for prospect communication
Professional Involvement, Networking, and Collaborations
- Serve as Slate representative for university-wide admissions initiatives and pursue collaboration with all Duke professional schools to ensure sharing of best practices and alignment on university policies
- Hold membership to local and domestic systems user groups, represent TGS at yearly Summit Conference hosted by Slate, advocate for TGS needs within the Slate community
- Host regular department meetings with DGS, DGSA, faculty reviewers and relevant administrators to optimize Slate features to department needs
- Maintain close communication with Graduate School admissions offices both locally and nationally to understand industry developments and ensure that Duke remains relevant in CRM efforts over the long-term
Reporting and Analytics Development
- Perform analysis to inform data-driven recruitment strategies for departments based on careful evaluation of current departmental data needs, internal program processes and industry best-practices
- Prepare reports and offer analysis on status of admissions and matriculation decisions for departments through development of dashboards within CRM
- Collaborate with Database Analyst to manage reports, queries and scripts relevant to admissions activities within Slate
Process Evaluation, Data Monitoring, and System Integrity
- Partner with TGS IT Manager to ensure all Duke University and TGS policies and standards are met in the Slate system implementation
- Manage daily operations and work flow of the admissions process to ensure timely completion and presentation of files to the Associate Dean for final approval of recommended decisions.
- Supervise visa process and collaborate with Visa Services to facilitate document submission
- Research opportunities to utilize Slate system capabilities to benefit TGS in the long term (boot camp applications, surveys, etc.)
- Act in Associate Dean’s absence in all aspects of admissions related topics and represent The Graduate School on university committees
- Represent Graduate School at various internal, local, regional and national conferences where issues on the development of CRM recruitment strategies targeted at prospective graduate students are of primary concern
- Coordinate with third party vendors to integrate products/processes into admissions work flow (Slate, Re Vera Verification, Cyber Source, etc.) while ensuring alignment with budget consideration.
- Monitor and manage relevant budgets, with assistance from appropriate Graduate School staff.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Experience and Skills
- Hands on experience with Technolutions Slate strongly preferred, knowledge of People Soft Campus Solutions desired, familiarity with Perceptive Content a plus
- Strong project management experience and track record of progressive responsibility
- Confirmed competence in systems development and implementation, preferably in an academic admissions environment
- Experience working with diverse groups including faculty, administrative staff, and campus technical support professionals
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in conjunction with strong network collaboration and team building skills is essential
1727 DATA ADMINISTRATION ANALYST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge and skills generally acquired through completionof a Bachelor's degree program in business, computer science,mathematics, statistics or social sciences.
Work requires knowledge of both statistical analysis and interpretationgenerally acquired through at least two years of relevant experience.
Auto req ID