Program Coordinator, The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative
PAS Adm - Duke Entrepreneurship
Founder Advancement Network Program Coordinator Occupational
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative (I&E) at Duke supports students, staff, clinicians, faculty, and alumni in applying the entrepreneurial process to leverage Duke innovations to improve the broader world. Duke I&E is building, and will soon launch the Founder Advancement Network (FAN). The FAN engages teams of experienced and diverse mentors to develop and empower Duke founders to create positive impact. The FAN engages student, faculty, staff, and alumni founders from every segment of the University, including the Fuqua School of Business, Duke Health, the Pratt School of Engineering, and the Trinity School of Arts & Sciences.
The FAN integrates closely with the Office of Licensing & Ventures and the Duke Angel Network to help founders obtain the support they need to achieve positive impact. The FAN Program Coordinator will work closely with the FAN Director and Leadership Team to create the systems, processes, and procedures upon which FAN will operate. At the beginning, the FAN will operate as a startup within Duke University.
As the FAN becomes operational, the Program Coordinator will plan, administer, and manage the day to day operations of the Founders Advancement Network. S/he is required to resolve diverse and advanced problems independently and to manage complex logistics for a variety of stakeholders. S/he will directly interface between mentors and founders to streamline their engagement. The FAN Program Coordinator reports to the FAN Director and Leadership Team.
- Make operational and programmatic decisions that have a significant impact on the successful achievement of program strategies and objectives of the FAN, in consultation with the FAN Director and Leadership Team.
- Plan, coordinate and administer activities of the Founders Advancement Network by developing and implementing procedures, processes, services and systems including screening innovators/entrepreneurs and mentors, scheduling of mentorship meetings, scheduling and execution of monthly mentor meetings, communication with founder and mentors, and data management.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative research techniques; investigate trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
- Budget for, coordinate, and execute public events and other related programs; develop and coordinate new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing program components in consultation with the FAN Director and Leadership Team.
- Coordinate public relations activities, promotional materials, press releases, ads and fliers in coordination with the Duke Innovation & Entrepreneurship Communications Team.
- Liaison with other programs, offices and departments at Duke to coordinate program business to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources areutilized.
- Actively and professionally engage with Duke alumni and other local business leaders.
- Prepare budgets and grants; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education/Training: Work requires analytical, communications, project management, and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Experience: The position requires one year of experience in program administration, project management, management consulting or another role that developed the skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.
The ideal candidate would have experience in both the private sector and academia.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with diverse constituencies and all types of people is essential
- A highly-organized work strategy and the ability to coordinate multiple parties
- An ability to understand the language of entrepreneurship and experience working with business leaders
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of creativity, initiative, and motivation
- Strategic mindset to identify opportunities that can be leveraged
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to adapt to change and re-prioritize assignments as needed
- Comfortable working in situations where no previous models exist
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite programs
Requisition Number 401503474
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID