Postdoctoral Fellow in Accounting
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Location - Sydney NSW Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The School of Accounting is internationally renowned for its innovative research in several published rankings. It is seen by many as the top accounting research institution in Australia and one of the premier Schools in the Asian Pacific region. The School of Accounting is also known for its high-quality teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
About the role
- Fixed term – Part Time 0.8FTE, 4 day week (12 Months)
- Academic Staff Level B, $103, 047 – $121, 478 plus 17% Superannuation & Leave Loading
The role of Postdoctoral Fellow is supported by Professor Simnett’s Australian Research Council Discovery Project Research Grant DP160101065, entitled Extended reporting and assurance for not-for-profit organisations. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for undertaking collaborative and self-directed research in order to meet the research objectives of the grant, with particular focus to measuring and reporting outcomes.
Further details are available on the below position description.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD in Accounting, with a preferred background in accounting and assurance for Charities
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem solving skills with the capacity to deliver high quality project outcomes in a timely manner
You should systematically address the selection criteria from the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted via email.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Contact: Nikki Hayes
T: 02 9385 3169
Applications close: 11 pm 4th November 2018
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.