Clinical Research Coordinator
Yale Cancer Center is Connecticut's only cancer center designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and one of only 47 in the nation. Yale Cancer Center delivers the highest quality patient-centered care, achieves breakthrough discoveries, and trains the future leaders in cancer science and medicine. There are over 190 clinical trials providing the most advanced cancer therapies at Smilow Cancer Hospital and in the 11 Care Centers located throughout the state of Connecticut. The Clinical Trials Office is in a period of rapid growth and actively recruiting Clinical Research Coordinators.
The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) will be responsible for planning, tracking, and ensuring that the clinical activities for study participants are conducted in accordance with approved protocols. These activities include, but are not limited to patient screening, eligibility determination, registration and other protocol and subject milestones. The CRC will have direct patient contact and will be responsible for managing multiple clinical trials. The CRC will be assigned to a specific disease team(s) upon hire based on the candidate’s background.
- Compares protocols and sponsored projects to confirm consistency between funding proposals/awards and approved protocols.
- Documents established congruency between funding proposals and approved protocols.
- Facilitates and/or assists with resolution of any inconsistencies between funding proposals and approved protocols.
- Serves as a liaison between the Grants and Contracts offices, investigators, and business managers to resolve congruency issues in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings and presents issues when necessary that were identified during congruency review.
- Serves as a resource and provides technical assistance to investigators and their staff.
- Provides analytical and technical support related to establishing and recording protocol/grant congruency, as needed.
- Monitors federal and state regulations for new guidance, updates, or policies. Maintains a high degree of knowledge on these requirements to determine actions and follow directives that may be required to ensure University compliance with congruency review and reporting requirements.
- Develops, implements, and manages internal practices that ensure compliance with federal requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic/scientific field and a minimum of 3 years of related research support experience; or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability to create and follow research project related supporting documents.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Proven ability to schedule and coordinate research activities as well as work with a team to develop action items and other means to keep projects moving along according to timeline.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability to report on the status of project deliverables and draft and submit project updates to the study sponsor.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Strong clinical and analytical skills. Proven ability to evaluate and assess subject’s suitability for inclusion into studies, obtain informed consent, determine patient eligibility and coordinate patient enrollment.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Excellent time management and organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s degree in health or research related discipline and two years of related work experience in a similar job family. Experience must indicate ability to work with minimal supervision in a team atmosphere and receptiveness to direction. Familiarity with oncology preferred.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) or equivalent.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.