Sales Clerk, Senior
Stores - Lobby Shop
Coordinate and participate in the selling of merchandise and the preparation and selling of foodstuffs; open and close store and maintain and secure cash deposits; assist in inventory, restocking, display, and price marking of merchandise; review work of lower level employees.
- Coordinate and participate in the selling of merchandise and preparation and selling of foodstuffs in University Stores; open and close store; record all sales in cash register, receive payment for sales and issue correct change; maintain and secure cash deposits.
- Display merchandise and suggest selection to customer by emphasizing quality, style or utility of articles.
- Display and arrange merchandise and foodstuffs, rotating merchandise on a first in, first out basis. Assist in coding and price marking of merchandise for sale on floor.
- Requisition merchandise and foodstuff from stockroom, clean shelves, displays and merchandise. Aid in preparation for store inventory and take weekly and monthly inventories of merchandise to be ordered.
- Inform supervisor of equipment breakdown or adjustments required. Clean fountain equipment, tables and assigned work area.
- Make work assignments in accordance with predetermined schedules; review the work of lower level employees; assist in the training of new personnel.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level Education/Training
Work generally requires 6 months of customer service or retail store experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requisition Number 401500504
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 578 SALES CLERK, SENIOR
Job Family Level 03
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires 6 months of customer service or retail storeexperience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID