Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director, Development for DAPER, the Development Associate will provide support to the Buck/Cardinal Club.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Report on fundraising progress against goals and objectives for specific programs, as assigned.
- Provide development program reporting and analysis, as assigned. This would include working with the DAPER Development team to assess results while assisting with the strategy of the annual fund in order to successfully reach immediate and long term goals
- Assist in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation and stewardship, alumni, and special recognition events, as needed.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, update records, and generate complex reports using the university external relations database.
- Track budget(s), and conduct financial projections for department.
- Process gifts and pledges to the gift processing unit.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Familiarity with fundraising in a higher education environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develops relationships that enhance overall development goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Strong data analysis skills including organizing and analyzing data, and communicating/presenting results and recommendations in a succinct fashion to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Why Stanford for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Each position in DAPER is responsible for playing its role in promoting the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics programs and for the reputation of Stanford University. The responsibilities of this position include insuring that all activities are conducted in a manner that furthers the University’s reputation for integrity, and enhances positive relationships between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, each position must comply with NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
How to apply:
We invite you to apply for the position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and a resume with your online application. The cover letter should briefly describe why you believe you are a good fit for this position.