AFTRS is Australia's Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and empower Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is consistently rated as one of the top film School's in the world. Our teachers and alumni include Academy, AFI/AACTA and BAFTA Award winners.
In this role you will report to the Head of Discipline and you will play a vital role in developing the next generation of storytellers at the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS).
You will have expertise in one of the following disciplines:
- Directing (part time - 4 days per week);
- Cinematography (part time - 3 days per week);
- Screenwriting (part time - 3 days per week);
- Music (part time - 4 days per week); or,
- Creative Practice & Theory (full time – 5 days per week).
As the Lecturer you will be responsible for:
- Teaching and assessing students to achieve learning outcomes;
- Ensuring that administration in relation to teaching and assessment is completed;
- Participating in committees review boards and panels.
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience and 3 years of industry experience.
- Ability to work independently, use initiative and prioritise tasks and meet deadlines in a demanding environment
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way
- Strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively in an interdependent team
- Can meet Academic Employees Qualifications Policy (attached)
Creative Theory & Practice – additional criteria:
- Enrolled in or completed PhD in relevant area
- Experience of teaching in a tertiary education facility will be well regarded
Salary: $91,320 p/a (pro-rata where part time) and up to 15.4% super plus excellent benefits. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Flexible working options are available for all roles and we will genuinely consider applications for job share and part time working.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity and we strongly encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to Apply: Please email your current resume with covering letter addressing how your skills and experience meet the selection criteria to email@example.com by 9am Monday 29 October 2018.
Enquiries: Human Resources Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check.
This position is open to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
Apply for Lecturer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly