Marketing Manager, Online Programs
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The (GSB) is redefining learning by creating Online Executive Education programs that offer the rich learning opportunities of the GSB but are delivered via a flexible online format. We are seeking a Marketing Manager to help lead the marketing efforts for the online programs. This position will work closely with the Online Program group within Executive Education to drive the marketing to the online programs awareness and program enrollment.
The purpose of this position is to create, execute and measure the strategic marketing plans that attract qualified applicants to participate in the program. The person must be an excellent communicator and collaborator and be open to new business approaches and innovation. In addition, they will be responsible for working with cross-functional teams and with other team members of the Marketing Communication team.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, manage, and deploy a marketing strategy and initiatives to build awareness and attract applicants for our online programs. Continually evaluate efficacy and identify new ways of improving the marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with key GSB stakeholders to lead and implement multi-channel marketing activities including email, content, video, creative, copy, web, social media, and printed communications.
- Effectively leverage resources to drive a steady set of content to be utilized in marketing efforts to more effectively tell the Online Programs story. Examples are testimonials, program demos, impact case studies, insights articles, and school stories. Content to be disseminated via website, social media, email, events and other marketing efforts.
- Execute a global brand/sub brand strategy (working with internal brand advocates) that supports Programs marketing needs and builds strength and trust in the overall GSB brand.
- Define communication and brand strategy for the initiative and/or organization.
- Oversees design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Works closely with vendors to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient delivery of materials to constituents.
- Monitors results and reports comprehensive results on a regular basis and advises clients as necessary of adjustments to strategy and course direction to achieve goals.
- Leverages key benchmarking metrics for monitoring progress to goal and identifying additional opportunities to improve efficacy of marketing. Key metrics include inquiries, applicants, qualified participants, and evangelists.
- Acts as spokesperson for the marketing strategy across the organization and/or university, educating and influencing stakeholders.
- Work closely with other members of the Marketing & Communications Department team to ensure that creative and strategy are delivered seamlessly across platforms.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience marketing an online program, service, or product.
- Strong partnership marketing experience working with a diverse set of constituencies.
- A passion for the potential of online learning to redefine learning.
- Advertising or Marketing Services Agency or Consumer marketing experience preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding and highly creative marketing achievements.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategies into tactics.
- Must work well under pressure with multiple projects in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proven track record leading cross-functional and cross-departmental teams to achieve significant goals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership, team building, organizational and communication (written and verbal), and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated experience establishing trust, credibility and respect with internal and external parties.
- Open, can-do, positive, collaborative, results oriented attitude a must.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- MBA is a plus.
- At least 6-10 years of in-depth integrated marketing experience focusing on branding, communications, digital and events.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.