Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
School of Engineering website: https://engineering.stanford.edu/
The External Relations Office of the School of Engineering at Stanford University seeks a Development Coordinator to support the School’s Corporate Relations group. If you are a highly responsive, organized communicator who can support the team responsible for growing corporate partnerships in the School of Engineering, then this role may be perfect for you! Reporting to the External Relations Group Administrative Operations Manager, you will provide outstanding office support and a full range of administrative services. The Stanford School of Engineering is known as the “birthplace” of Silicon Valley, with many entrepreneurs and companies having been born right here, at Stanford. The External Relations team nurtures continuing partnerships with these companies, in the form of sponsored research, affiliate memberships and gifts, with the end result of the School of Engineering receiving well over $50 million dollars annually. As the Development Coordinator, your role will directly support the efforts of the team keeping these existing partnerships strong and growing new ones.
Supporting the Director of Strategic Partnerships, and the Director and Associate Director of Corporate Relations
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate and manage logistics of complex corporate visits, including faculty and corporate relations presentations, tours, meals, receptions, and travel arrangements.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments, including maintaining calendars for the Corporate Relations team and conference room scheduling.
- Research and contribute to background briefings on visiting companies and representatives.
- Create complex monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Package post meeting and call reports on company interactions and update corporate database.
- Prepare presentations and spreadsheets for internal and external audiences.
- Extract information from corporate and alumni databases to respond to internal and external requests for information.
- Greet and escort senior level corporate executives to meetings across campus as required.
- Process corporate gifts and other payments and resolve/investigate payment issues and questions.
- Originate purchase requisitions, expense reimbursements, and access Stanford's online gift and accounting databases for reporting purposes.
- Help with events and other fundraising projects and programs.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Originality and judgment are required to organize assignments and obtain/correlate information from a wide variety of sources.
- Must be able to act in an independent and anticipatory manner with minimal supervision, and set own priorities with initial guidance from the corporate relations officers.
- Ability to work efficiently, take initiative and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to draft original correspondence and to finalize draft documents for distribution to internal and external audiences with great attention to detail.
- Acting as part of a team, ability to provide backup assistance to others.
- Demonstrated capabilities with Microsoft Office Suite.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Experience providing administrative support to fundraising or philanthropic teams,Familiarity with centralized computing and database management systems is desired.
- Familiarity with Stanford processes and systems desired.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May require working flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Frequently stand/walk.
- Occasionally light/fine grasping, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license.
Why Stanford is for You
We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
• Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
• A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
• A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
• Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
• Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computing, cell phones, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
- We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application. Your one page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness and decision-making. We are unable to provide Sponsorship or Relocation for this opening.