Director, Business Development
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The purpose of this position is to establish a strong sales pipeline for the GSB Executive Education’s portfolio of on-campus, virtual and online programs by prospecting, qualifying and closing leads. The position will work closely with both faculty and corporate client partners to create an impactful Executive Education program for senior corporate executives.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, manage and execute strategic corporate outreach plans/programs to meet business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a sales funnel which leverages the open enrollment and custom offerings.
- Define and conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and identification of market opportunities. Use the results to make strategic decisions.
- Support senior Stanford faculty to design and develop new programs based on corporate client needs, market opportunities, faculty research and Stanford differentiation.
- Build partnerships with other school, department, product, service, program, and event and/or channel managers.
- May oversee event management to support program objectives.
- Manage key vendor and consultant relationships.
- Scope and manage project/program budget(s).
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leaders.
- Extensive knowledge of strategic analysis, customer segmentation strategies and business and marketing planning.
- Demonstrated experience in integrated marketing strategy and execution across channels including digital; and print.
- Demonstrated application of market research and data analysis.
- Excellent project manager with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to senior management.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Language skills preferred.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.