Research Associate in Research and Graduate Studies
Organization Name Research & Graduate Studies
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team, participates in problem exploration, and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Regularly meets with the Advisors to explain the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Publishes research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the department, as required;
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the advisors.
- The potential candidate is expected to carry out specifics research tasks to design and develop a scalable and intelligent methodology and solution to deal with large volumes of data in communication networks. Consideration will be given to those with a strong grounding in areas such as :
- Wireless Caching/Cloud networking with particular emphasis on 5G Networks and its associated devices which are expected to produce large amounts of data. Wireless Caching/Cloud networking aims at providing effective data movement while reducing network traffic.
- Big data-based caching over wireless networks.
- Distributed signal processing where nodes are allowed to perform effective low-complexity computations, thus increasing locality and minimizing data movement.
- Low-complexity network coding and processing algorithms which aim at designing models and algorithms with the least memory requirements and processing to minimize energy consumption.
- Resource management optimization, energy efficiency and data-aware systems with the aim of developing data-aware resource management distributed systems and clusters.
- M.Sc. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a related field
- Proficient in Matlab and MS Office applications
- Experience in communication networks, wireless caching and cloud networking techniques; decentralized networking protocols / distributed signal processing; low complexity algorithm design for multi-node networks; resource allocation and energy efficiency optimization; network optimization; strong skills in statistical analysis.
- Candidate must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively, which include
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate research results in the form of peer-reviewed research journal articles and oral presentations
- Outstanding scientific research ability; and willingness to work with a team.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and ResearchStatement