Research Assistant, School of Education
Starting Salary Range: $16.10 - $22.12 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 60000002-Office of the Dean
Personnel area: School of Education
This position supports the work associated with the Johns Hopkins University School of Education’s Neuro-Education Initiative (NEI), including its mission of research, professional development, collaboration with internal and external organizations, and outreach. The position requires collaboration with K-12 schools as well as other Institutions of Higher Education and advocacy organizations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the management and development of curricular units for integrating arts into science and other content areas across multiple grade levels.
- Helping to develop professional development activities.
- Conducting scholarly literature searches to support research initiatives.
- Writing reports and correspondences.
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection focused on specific initiatives of NEI including but not limited to creating and coordinating data files, coding, entering, cleaning and analyzing data, as well as developing assessments.
- Editing educational materials for practitioner interventions.
- Ongoing maintenance of NEI-related website and NEI-related social media sites.
- Communication on a regular basis with supervisor with respect to the implementation of job initiatives.
- Additional duties to include ordering materials, preparing curriculum products, coordinating the work of volunteers.
- Works independently with guidance from supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Some related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience.
- Master’s degree preferred in related field
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency with Excel, SPSS, SAS, STATA desired
- Experience with website design, editing, and multi-media applications
- Experience with various social media sites
- Knowledge of graphic design software tools such as InDesign
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with educational practitioners and other groups associated with education
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse constituencies via phone, email, and in-person
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments to meet deadlines
- Ability and motivation to effectively work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Excellent work ethics and habits
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information