Analyst Programmer I
Anesthesiology-Bus & Sup Svcs
As the Duke School of Medicine moves towards its vision of an integrated home for research combined with world class clinical care in a learning and evidence-based academic environment, the Department of Anesthesiology is positioning itself at the heart of these initiatives through the growth of its IT team. This position will report directly to the Department of Anesthesiology Director of IT within the Software Innovation team.
- Recognize the needs of customers, and create new applications that answer those needs
- Ability to look into the new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
- Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with customers
- Devising possible solutions to anticipated problems
- working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program
- Combining all elements of the program design and conducting test scenarios by testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure application can be used easily, quickly and accurately
- Participating in go-live planning
- Evaluating and increasing effectiveness of the current and new applications
- Adapting the application to new requirements, as necessary
- Provide detailed technical and user documentation
- Clearly communicate ideas to the faculty, team members and management
- Attention to detail and great customer service skills to answer questions and fix issues
- Problem solving mind set and ability to make decisions that move the project forward
- Willing to learn new programming methodologies and adapt to new technologies
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. This position will provide backup help desk/server support as needed.
Required Skill Set and Experience
- Solid and effective written interpersonal, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong ability to effectively work as a team member with exceptional communication skill set
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Strong business skills with an attention to end user and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept new or additional responsibility
- Healthcare/Research industry experience preferred
- Develop and deploy enterprise applications using the latest development languages, frameworks, protocols, and design methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Python
- Git code repository software, Github / Gitlab or other Git based service.
- Database based software development using software such as MySQL / Postgres and Redis / Memcahced memory cache software.
- Agile Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC).
- Creating application solutions to support business processes
- Requirements gathering
Work requires a bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or a computer-related field, or equivalent coursework or technical training.
Work requires one year of programming or analytical experience with knowledge of several computer languages, programs or systems.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requisition Number 401501589
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1747 ANALYST PROGRAMMER I
Job Family Level 12
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in mathematics or computer-relatedfield, or equivalent coursework or technical training.
Work requires one year of programming or analytical experience withknowledge of several computer languages, programs or systems. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID