Core Operations Network Analyst
HOSTING - FTES
Core Operations Network Analyst
A DHTS Network Analyst within Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) Production Support Team is responsible for the implementation, configuration, testing and support of the Duke Health enterprise routing, switching, firewall, VPN (IPSEC and SSL), and WAN infrastructure. The DHTS Network Analyst will work within the Core Operations team to ensure availability and service delivery for all remote Duke Health facilities, including the management of all telecommunications circuits. A key objective is to configure, optimize, document, support, provide reporting metrics, and develop procedures to support the Duke Health network infrastructure via efficient troubleshooting with various tools, processes, and technologies.
Working hours for this position are include the following shifts:
- Participate in an operational shift using Service Now tickets, e-mail and phone support to respond professionally and courteously to our customer base to quickly resolve all networking (and related) issues in a collaborative manner with both cross-functional SMEs and customers.
- Implement, configure, maintain and report on the telecommunication services supporting the Duke Health MAN and WAN. The candidate must have production experience in the entire lifecycle of enterprise firewalls/VPN and telecommunications circuit management.
- Maintain data, voice and wireless network hardware and systems; investigate and resolve network and hardware matters of significance; research, analyze, isolate and resolve errors; assess and update older network infrastructure and circuits as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provide technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommend and implement an approved course of action.
- Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure adherence to institutional, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Implement, maintain, upgrade, and patch systems to be compliant with Duke Health security policies and standards regarding protection from external and internal security attacks.
- Research and remediate generic and system-specific vulnerabilities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum of 3 years functional and operational experience in the areas of:
- Cisco Nexus 2k,5k,7k switches
- Cisco 3xxx, 65xx, 45xx switches
- OSI model, QoS, MPLS, iBGP, eBGP OSPF, EIGRP, VLANs, VRF, unified wireless, VoIP, IPSEC/SSL VPN, DNS/DHCP, DMVPN, VPC, Fabricpath, HSRP, VPC
- Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, Panorama
- Quality of Service (QOS), telecommunication circuits, MPLS, OSPF and wireless technologies.
- Hands on experience setting up IP networks to guarantee highly available and robust networking.
- Knowledge of network security technologies (Firewalls, VPN concentrators, IPS, logging & ACLs)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, performed by a diverse group of professionals
- Experience preferred: Specific experience in large campus/healthcare Cisco networks, supporting/designing/implementing IP solutions. Healthcare provider and patient care/clinical applications/systems experience Special competencies/credentials required:
- Requires North Carolina valid driver's license
- Requires Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with team members, other technical staff, customers and internal groups
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving skills Relevant Network
- Experience with VmWare, Citrix and other Virtualized environments
- Relevant Cisco Certifications (CCNA/CCIE,CCNP)
Requisition Number 401500979
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3846 DHTS NETWORK ANALYST
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: LEVEL 1: Current N.C. driver's license may be required. CCNA Certification preferred. LEVEL 2 AND LEVEL 3 In addition to the certifications described for the Level 1,the Level 2 and Level 3: CCIE/CCNP/CISSP certification preferred
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required. Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID