Research Technician II
A position for a full time laboratory technician is available at the Duke Eye Center to participate in research projects involving experiments with mice, cell culture,molecular biology and biochemistry
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Genotyping, phenotyping, breeding and maintaining mouse colonies.
- Isolate,propagate and culture cells from human donor eyes.
- Perform experimental assays. Analyze and draw tentative conclusions from experimental results.
- Confer with laboratory manager/principal investigator to review data and lab assignments, trouble shoot problems, discuss results and develop plans for further experiments.
- Make minor modifications to existing laboratory procedures and assays for specific experiments, as required.
- Review laboratory methods manuals, scientific journals, abstracts and other literature for information relevant to experiments and assays.
- Set up instruments,assemble materials and operate laboratory equipment required for specific assays or experiments.
- Maintain inventory of materials and supplies for performance of research.
- Maintain laboratory equipment in good working order.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Other responsibilities may include processing tissue for microscopic evaluation and staining for specific experiments.
- Preparing culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions.
- Assisting in the development of new research procedures and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in life science
- Willingness to work with mice
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Mouse husbandry
- Cell culture
- Western-blotting and Q-PCR-Immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry
Requisition Number 401501525
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or other science related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID