Administrative Assistant, Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program
Duke's newly created Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program has an exciting administrative position supporting the Division's Director and the Division.
This is an opportunity to bring your best administrative support to the team and apply your knowledge and skills to resolve complex non-routine administrative problems independently or with others. You will apply analytical, project management and problem solving skills in support of the Program Director/Division Chief, Vice Chief of Operations and the Academic Fieldwork Coordinator in support of division activities.
Duties overview include:
- Extensive calendar management, including managing Division Leader/Program Director ’s time and attendance at meetings and in response to appointment requests. Scheduling and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, coordinate travel arrangements, coordinate and schedule a variety of complex, multi-site meetings, as directed by clinical or administrative leadership using WebEx, Zoom or in person.
- Triage calls, program support activities such as data compilation and manipulation; creating efficient systems for the new division, populating and auditing reports; accreditation support; coordinating new faculty onboarding activities.
- Manage Division office work flows, including ensuring projects are completed within stated deadlines, managing high-volume correspondence activities including telephone, fax and mail, facilitating faculty onboarding and orientation activities.
- Prioritize communications and administrative actions for clinical and administrative leadership teams based on content of communication and knowledge of department office operations, and using independent judgment to prioritize and maximize efficiency.
- Draft and disseminate program correspondence and resources including organizational chart, letters, memos, procedure documents, electronic newsletters, photos, business cards, program posters, provider resources, etc., using software such as Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, In-Design, Adobe Pro, etc.
- Develop and disseminate surveys using Qualtrics; compile and perform intermediary analysis of survey results.
- Assist with organizing, scheduling and running program meetings in concert with Division Leader/Program Director/Division Chief, and Vice Chief of Operations including development and maintenance of web conferencing skills including WebEx, development and dissemination of meeting agendas and materials, conference room reservations, catering orders, video recording of meetings via Camtasia, WebEx and other software, recording and dissemination of meeting minutes, etc. Provide technological troubleshooting services for meetings.
- Perform a variety of HR related functions including: Faculty onboarding and termination activities, maintenance of faculty files and documentation; assisting with recruitment functions including itinerary preparation and coordination, travel arrangements, meetings and lunch/dinner coordination, contract routing; etc. Provide comprehensive overview of problem areas or non-compliance issues to program leadership. Coordinate recruitment and transition process for new faculty and staff joining the organization: identify appropriate contacts in departments; ensure all aspects of such transitions (appointments, grant transfers, office space, etc.) proceed smoothly.
- Provide event coordination and planning for the division. Plan and coordinate all catering within the division using event planning forms. Provide support to event faculty and speakers. Prepare event programs, RSVP lists, space arrangements, audio-visual, on-site management, vendor coordination.
- Plan and coordinate visits to the organization by distinguished guests, insuring appropriate officials and administrators are notified of visits; plan and coordinate related events as necessary
- Process orders supporting the Division/program including office equipment, business cards, office supplies, etc.
- Develop and apply understanding of budgeted funds, appropriate inventory management, ordering and utilization of resources including supplies, service requests, etc.; identification and recommendation for cost savings opportunities.
- Develop and enhance data storage/retrieval systems including databases. Manage, organize, and update relevant data using software and database applications including WebEx, SharePoint, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word, Access, and Visio, Zoom, In-Design, Adobe Pro, Qualtrics, and other specialized applications.
- Independently generate complex and detailed presentations and reports.
- Control and maintain records of departmental or divisional contract and budget expenditures informing appropriate staff members of financial status of various projects and/or in matters of significant financial impact. Identify and manage potential vendors and review qualifications of each.
- Assist and advise department or division head and staff members on administrative problems. Compile reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Support business operations and strategic planning with analysis and recommendations based on data.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401501631
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1004 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general educational background normally equivalent toa full high school education plus two years post-secondary education ina business-related field.
Work requires 4 years related business or administrative experience tobecome familiar with general personnel practices, accounting andbudgeting principles and coordination of major office activities.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OREXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID