Core Operations Database Analyst
Core Operations Database Analyst Job Description
The Core Operations Database Analyst is responsible for the 24 x 7 health of all database systems and will provide IT technical and application support to the Duke Health community. The Database Analyst is responsible for identifying incidents and events, analyzing problem trends, overseeing the management and resolution of issues, monitoring status, correlating events, understanding alarm diagnosis and incident trends. In addition, this position troubleshoots and resolves discovered issues under the scope of Operations Center-supported services and performs proactive activities that help to improve the overall operation of production services.
The Database Analyst requires technical acumen, excellent communication and leadership skills, and technical troubleshooting skills. Core Operations Analysts are expected to quickly determine root cause, business impact and to resolve issues as quickly as possible to resolve issues as quickly as possible to ensure all Duke Health’s Lines of Business, including patient care, are not impacted.
Working hours include the following shifts:
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement
- Two years of related experience in the areas listed below is required:
- Microcomputer skills (including Windows 2000, XP, and 7).
- Microsoft Office application suite.
- Server administration (Windows, Red Hat Linux, and/or AIX).
- Experience configuring and installing servers used in mid-size networks (100 - 1000 users).
- Windows, UNIX, VMware and Citrix.
- Tivoli's Inventory, Distributed Monitoring, TEC, Remote Control applications.
- SAN and NAS technologies such as EMC, IBM, and HP EVA.
- Working knowledge of incident management.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP technologies necessary to configure servers and troubleshoot network errors.
- Ability to follow change configuration management protocols and update systems documentation based on Duke and industry best practices processes.
- Solid understanding of the IT industry primarily relating to Windows and/or UNIX operating systems, VMware, Citrix, server system architectures, storage systems, and system administration tools and best practices.
- Excellent technical skills to support the organization and assist team members across departments.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.
In addition to the KSAs described for the Associate, the Intermediate will demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of IBM Director and/or HP Insight Manager.
- Proficient with incident and problem management.
- Proficient with configuration management.
- Proficient with change control policies and procedures.
- Strong business skills with an attention to end user and customer satisfaction.
Preferred Qualifications at this level
- 3-5 years of progressive Windows systems administration experience, to include design, implementation, backup, recovery, patching, updating, and automation of routine tasks for a complex computer network.
- 3-5 or more years of experience implementing, supporting, and administering virtualization platforms and storage systems, to include design, implementation, patching, updating, and automation of routine tasks for a complex computer network.
- VMWare, Microsoft Server, Red-Hat Linux, and/or AIX certification(s)
- A+, Security+, and or Network+ certification(s)
- Supporting enterprise level applications in an operations or service desk capacity in one or more of the following areas
- EHR Software
- Revenue Cycle Software
- Business or Workforce Software
- Clinical Software
- Security Software
- Enterprise Monitoring Tools
- Experience working in a compliance environment
- Engaging multiple stakeholders, including application owners and developers, to support daily operations of software and to identify and manage problems and incidents
- Demonstrated capability in adapting to ongoing organizational and technical change
- Linux server support experience.
- Windows server support experience.
- EMC storage and backup experience.
- Experience supporting Virtualization technologies.
Requisition Number 401501314
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3844 DHTS IT ANALYST
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required. Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID