Associate Professor in Accounting
- Salary Package: from $149,391 – $164,321 (Level D) plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are currently seeking an Associate Professor with scholarly expertise in the audit, financial and/or forensic accounting area along with additional related disciplines. Successful applicants will be expected to make a strong contribution to research, coordinate and teach undergraduate and postgraduate units in accounting and governance, supervise research students and make a positive contribution to the reputation of the Department, Faculty and University.
You will bring a wealth of academic and industry knowledge combined with relevant post-graduate accounting qualifications and professional memberships. Your extensive high-quality research record in areas of accounting, including audit-financial accounting is fundamental to the role. You will have a proven ability to present to a range of stakeholders, along with demonstrating a collaborative approach in the way you work with others. If you have excellent communication skills with a proactive approach you will undoubtedly flourish in this role.
The Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance, within the Faculty of Business and Economics is one of the largest qualified accounting graduate providers in Australia and enjoy great support from professional bodies both in Australia and globally. We also house five research networks, publish research articles, books, book chapters and other research outlets in the areas of international accounting, management accounting, sustainability, audit and assurance, corporate governance, business law, taxation, capital markets and information systems. For services, the Department also provides out-reach activities with both businesses and the profession.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A PhD in accounting or equivalent relevant doctorate;
- Outstanding contributions to scholarship and research in the discipline as evidenced by ongoing publications in top-tier journals and recognition as an eminent authority in the discipline;
- Leadership skills and extensive experience in mentoring research students and staff members;
- A national and international reputation in research;
- Proven ability to attract industry funding or competitive grant funding;
- Demonstrated willingness to undertake management responsibility at a senior level in the Department, and to contribute at the faculty and the University level;
- Distinguished record of high-quality teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- High quality interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
Specific Role Enquires: Professor Rahat Munir, Head of Department on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Alex Righton, Human Resources on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 28 October, 11:55 pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.