Research Administration Officer
- Fantastic opportunity for a Research Administration Officer to provide administrative services and operational support to the Sydney Translational Imaging Laboratory
- Located at Charles Perkins Centre, Camperdown Campus
- Fixed Term, part-time 0.6FTE (21 hours per week) for 12 months and base salary $73K p.a pro rata plus superannuation
About the opportunity
The Research Administration Officer will provide administrative services and operational support to the Chief Investigator and Project Manager of the Sydney Translational Imaging Laboratory to support research activity. This includes coordinating the defined projects occurring within the laboratory including: cohort recruitment, ethical applications, grant applications and paper submissions, monitoring compliance and overseeing the data storage system. They may be required to help with research work and experiments being undertaken or monitor routine aspects of the research or source information to aid research work.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Administration Officer who possesses the below:
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline and/or relevant experience in related field.
- prior experience in medical research administration and ethics submissions and grant applications
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day to day operational matters
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, use initiative and exercise sound judgement. Experience or familiarity working with MAC and using other USYD online applications will be highly regarded.
More information about the unit and Chief Investigator can be found
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1775/0918F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm Thursday 25 October 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.