Eresources Library Specialist
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $33,634 to $46,244 per year
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30am -5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 02-MD:Mount Washington Campus
Department name: 10000074-Technical Services
Personnel area: Libraries
The position carries out responsibilities as part of a University team to provide responsive, effective, and evolving coordination of the life cycle of electronic resources management. The position focuses on ordering, licensing, activation, renewal and problem solving for electronic resources available to the academic community. The position works closely with collection development, public services, library IT, and Technical Services colleagues across the JHU University libraries. The position reports to Acquisitions Coordinator.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in acquiring and reviewing licenses for electronic resources and establishing compliance
- Place orders for electronic resources with vendors and publishers using a variety of tools
- Establish trials for prospective purchases
- Help identify and respond to patron access and connection problems to currently licensed eresources
- Communicate and collaborate with library staff and vendors in resolving orders, licenses, and invoice questions
- Create and maintain accurate online records in the Libraries Integrated Library System (ILS), the Electronic Resources Management System (ERM), the library’s link resolver, as well as local spreadsheets, databases, and paper files
- Assist with other technical services responsibilities as time permits
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- High school diploma and 3 years experience.
- Additional education can substitute for experience.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Experience reading contracts or library serials acquisitions experience preferred.
- Familiarity with a Western European language.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excel experience
- Ability to use a PC for searching and input
- Accurate proofreading skills
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Service oriented
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational as well as interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, in teams, as well as collaboratively with colleagues within and across departments
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
Mount Washington Campus