Physician Assistant, Student Health Center
STUDENT HEALTH CENTER-ADMINISTRATIVE
Scope of Responsibilities
In collaboration with the supervising physician, the Physician Assistant (PA) will provide primary health care for Duke Students at the Duke Student Health Center, an ambulatory clinic. The PA will provide direct patient care services, including but not limited to acute and chronic care, preventive care and health maintenance counseling, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and coordination of care with professional consultants.
- Provide primary health care for Duke University students. Obtain complete medical histories; conduct physical examinations; order and interpret laboratory and radiographic studies; arrive at diagnostic conclusions; recommend therapies; prescribe medications; initiate referrals to specialists and professional consultants; consult with supervising physician(s) based upon clinical and regulatory indications; perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including but not limited to Pap smears, incision and drainage of abscesses, and other basic dermatologic procedures; appropriately record clinical data in the patient’s electronic medical record. 55%
- Perform health maintenance examinations on Duke Students; recommend age appropriate and evidence based preventive care and screenings; complete forms where appropriate or necessary. 20%
- Participate in research and/or outreach projects that further Student Health’s mission of enhancing the health and wellness of Duke Students. 10%
- Participate in ongoing Student Health quality improvement assurance processes. 5%
- Participate in the Student Health after-hours call and clinic coverage system. 5%
- Other duties as assigned. 5%
Requisition Number 401493640
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 1631 PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Job Family Level 55
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor’s degree in Health Science and a Physician Assistant Certificate of Registration with the North Carolina Medical Board or be certification eligible, and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
None required above education/training requirement. Experience in college health, sports medicine, women's health care, or allergy/travel medicine preferred.
Additional Job‐Specific Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate will possess excellent ambulatory clinical skills, thrive in a collaborative work environment, have a passion for the college and graduate/professional student population, embrace patient‐centered care, and be committed to improving the health of our student body.
Auto req ID