Lab Research Analyst II
Conduct a variety of complex and independent investigations in the planning, development and implementation of original experimental procedures within the overall scope of a research project at Duke University.
- Conduct a variety of complex and independent investigations in the planning, development and implementation of original experimental procedures and specialized laboratory techniques in the analysis of materials under experimentation.
- Collect information and data through observation, experimentation and various other methods, to include operating highly technical laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Prepare tissue and specimens for complex procedures, and devise experimental techniques for tests and analyses.
- Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Confer with principal investigator in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results and the preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train and instruct residents, interns, students or lower level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Mouse breeding and management, genotyping, behavioral phenotyping, surgery, and tissue dissection.
- Immunolabeling techniques (immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, western blotting)
- Microscopy, confocal microscopy, and light microscopy
- Molecular biology techniques (q-PCR, ELISAs, cell culture)
- Data analysis in excel, graphpad prism, and/or equivalent programs
- Tissue collection and processing
- Sample oversight
- Data analysis
- Training and management of basic research personnel
- Training and management of patient sample collection/processing by clinical research staff
- Oversee daily lab activities
- Oversee implementation and optimization of protocols
Requisition Number 401501571
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1215 LAB RESEARCH ANALYST II
Job Family Level 71
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherdirectly related scientific field.
Work requires four years of research experience. A related master'sdegree may substitute for two years of the required experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID