Core Operations, Storage/Backup Analyst
Core Operations - Storage/Backup Analyst
A DHTS Storage and Backup Analyst within Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) Core Operations Team is responsible for the care and feeding of all storage and backup technologies utilized within the Duke University Health System. The incumbent will work within the Core Operations team to ensure availability and service delivery for all remote Duke Health facilities, including the management of all backup environment and storage environments.
Working hours for this position are:
- Participate in an operational shift using Service Now tickets, e-mail and phone support to respond professionally and courteously to our customer base to quickly resolve all storage and backup (and related) issues.
- Provide technical support to customers and other technical SMEs utilizing their knowledge of storage and backup systems to quickly solve issues. Provide technical leadership for storage and backup escalation and resolution.
- Seek opportunities to enhance organizational operational cohesiveness with all members of the division and DHTS.
- Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure adherence to institutional, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Implement, maintain, upgrade, and patch systems to be compliant with Duke Health security policies and standards regarding protection from external and internal security attacks.
- Research and remediate generic and system-specific vulnerabilities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum of 3 years functional and operational experience in the areas of:
- EMC Networker
- Data Protection Advisior
- VIPR SRM
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, performed by a diverse group of professionals
- Requires North Carolina valid driver's license
- Requires Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with team members, other technical staff, customers and internal groups
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving skills Relevant Network
- Service Now Experience
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
Requisition Number 401501047
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3849 DHTS SYSTEM ANALYST
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: VMWare, Microsoft Server, Red-Hat Linux, and/or AIX certification(s) preferred. A+, Security+, and or Network+ certification(s) preferred.
LEVEL 1: No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. LEVEL 2: Two years of related experience in the areas listed below is required. - Microcomputer skills (including Windows 2000, XP, and 7). - Microsoft Office application suite. - Server administration (Windows, Red Hat Linux, and/or AIX). - Experience configuring and installing servers used in mid-size networks (100 - 1000 users). - Windows, UNIX, VMware and Citrix. - Tivoli's Inventory, Distributed Monitoring, TEC, Remote Control applications. - SAN and NAS technologies such as EMC, IBM, and HP EVA. LEVEL 3: Four years of operational experience in the following areas is required: - Multiple storage technologies and SAN. - Design, implementation and maintenance, specifically in AIX, LINUX and Windows. - Virtualization - Systems and application monitoring and management tools, such as Tivoli.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID