Patient Service Associate, Regional Pediatrics, South Durham
Regional Pediatrics - South Durham
Regional Pediatrics - South Durham
- Under minimal supervision is responsible for a full range of front office duties including greeting patients and visitors into the practice in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains physician schedules, scheduling patient’s appointments, answering all incoming calls and providing assistance and support with all front functions and personnel.
- Greets patients and visitors into the practice in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Obtains all appropriate forms as required.
- Answers incoming phone calls from patients needing to schedule or reschedule appointments.
- Schedules appointments and return appointments in Epic in accordance with physician and /or office guidelines.
- Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
- Forewords triage calls to triage nurse. Works no show and recall reports. Provides patients with accurate and legible appointment cards.
- Obtains demographic and insurance information.
- Collect Co-Pays at check in. Balance at end of each day.
- Let patients know if balances on accounts and send to appropriate Financial Care Counselor.
- Scans and processes medical records by following policy and procedures.
- Check E-Prescribe and Rx phone line as needed.
- Provides patients with referral appointments by scheduling to specialist as directed by physicians.
- Faxes records to satellite as needed or requested.
- Covers for other front office functions as requested or needed.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of all HIPAA Privacy and Security regulatory policies and internal polices with respect to Protected Health Information (PHI) Use and Disclosure.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with patients, co-workers and insurance personnel.
- Ability to operate a telephone system and utilize appropriate telephone etiquette.
- General knowledge of standard office equipment such as computers, fax machine, photo copier, scanner.
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to hear sounds concisely.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time. Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 150 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401499324
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4502 PATIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks or activities.
Auto req ID