DHTS IT Manager
Sr. Manager, IT – Product Mgmt
This position reports to the Senior Director of DHTS Field Services/Product Mgmt. and will be primarily responsible for the management of DHTS personnel on the product management support team within Field Services.
This team identifies potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications; production timetables, pricing and time-integrated plans for product introduction to include working with Customers/stake holders, Engineering, Service Owners, Operational support staff.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product forecasts to include budgetary forecasts and requirements as well as service based costing.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and key stake holders.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant training or experience
Prior management experience in a technical field 3 - 5 years of related customer support experience (focusing on technologies currently in use in our environment)
Health profession and /or Duke experience, ITIL Foundations, Six Sigma EPIC experience (Electronic Medical Record)
Knowledge and experience with health care information systems; excellent communication and interview skills; excellent interpersonal and team skills; ability to work independently; good organizational/time management skills; demonstrated competency in management skills.
ITIL Training/Certification required within 6 months of employment
Technical knowledge relevant to the clinical environment Service Now Incident Mgmt/Asset Mgmt ITIL Six Sigma
Requisition Number 401501426
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3845 DHTS IT MANAGER
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalenttechnical experience required.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
IT MANAGER:Five years of directly related experience is required.SENIOR IT MANAGER:Seven years of directly related experience, including two years inmanagement, is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID