Lecturer and Associate Director of the Spanish Language Program
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at Princeton University seeks to appoint an Associate Director of the Spanish Language Program, at the rank of Lecturer, beginning in the 2019-2020 academic year. The successful candidate will have a background in Linguistics, Foreign Language Teaching, and/or Second Language Acquisition, and proven experience in language teaching and coordination. Advanced degree required; Ph.D. or M.A. working toward Ph.D. preferred.
The Associate Director will join the leadership team of a vibrant language program. The position entails duties connected with language proficiency assessment (placement test management, administration of language evaluations and proficiency exams), lecturer and TA overseeing, curriculum development supervision, course scheduling, and implementation of policies and procedures. The successful candidate will also teach undergraduate language courses.
Applicants are to apply online and submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae, including description of teaching experience
- Teaching portfolio including sample teaching materials, one or two course syllabi, and a teaching philosophy statement
- Contact information for three professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
More searches like this
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Connecticut
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Directors jobs in Connecticut
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in Connecticut
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Connecticut