Medical Assistant Intermediate
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Ann Arbor area.
What perks and benefits can you look to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings up 4.5%
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Nurse Practitioners and Physicians
Potential exposure to many Specialty Care Departments
What skills will you master?
Our Medical Assistants in Radiation Oncology service patients who are receiving ionizing radiation for the treatment of their cancer. Having a strong desire to assist and perform specialized procedures will set you apart as a candidate, as you will work hands on with procedures. You will also work closely with patients coordinating and scheduling appointments, follow-up tests and treatments along with documenting if any tests were declined or completed elsewhere. In addition to these specialized skills and working as a Medical Assistant to fulfill the needs of the clinic, you will be responsible for: working with a team and autonomously, completing lab orders, consulting requests, coordinating care with both outpatient and joint venture teams, and have the ability to work in multiple electronic systems.
This position will also be cross trained with Oncology services, and will support their department as needs arise.
- High school diploma or GED
- Some office experience is necessary.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology is necessary.
- Additional formal education in a health care field is desired ..
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
Medical Assistant Intermediate:
- You are required to have either graduated from a Medical Assistant program OR have an equivalent combination of education and 3+ years experience
- Experience in panel management including provider registry data and exception reports
Medical Assistant Associate
- You are required to have either graduated from a Medical Assistant program OR have an equivalent combination of education and 1+ years experience
You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
- Certification as a medical assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
What will your work schedule look like?
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Saturday. You will work five, eight hour shifts within those facility hours. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
As part of the orientation training process, your training will be held at multiple locations during your first few months of the emplo
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.