IT Support Technician
About Arden University
At Arden University our vision is to make education more accessible, engaging and beneficial to people everywhere. 2018 will be an exciting year for the University as we continue with our transformation and development programme, driving an industry-leading learner experience and further developing our innovative ‘compressed-blended’ full time degrees across 5 campus locations.
We are a values driven organisation, and in line with our values of supportiveness, integrity, innovation and ownership, we want to make sure that each of our study centres is delivering an outstanding student experience that is completely aligned to our brand promise, whilst providing a tailored and personalised experience reflective of the local needs and culture of the student and staff profile. We pride ourselves on the relationships we build with our students and the importance our staff across the organisation place on supporting students to realise their potential. We recognise that the pressures of people’s hectic, modern lives often means our students are constrained - by location, cost, family/caring commitments or simply time. By making our degrees, masters and MBA programmes available through both online distance learning and flexible on-campus ‘blended’ study, we have been able to support students ranging from 18 to 80 years old to achieve their ambitions and benefit from Higher Education.
Vacancy: IT Support Technician: Coventry
Based at our head office in Coventry, you will provide localised and remote support to our growing portfolio of UK based study centres and offices. As part of this role you will take ownership of first and second line contact with staff and students for all technical matters. You will resolve on the ground issues with computer hardware and software.
As a member of the Support Team, you will take responsibility for managing incoming support requests both in person and remotely. You will deliver user training and encourage company best practice to staff and students across a number of UK study centres.
You will be given the opportunity to learn new skills and to develop your technical ability by working closely alongside senior members of the team.
- Manage and prioritise multiple support desk queues, providing technical support to both staff and students
- Provide support to students regarding the use of our Moodle VLE and offer advice on best practices for Microsoft Office packages and associated web technologies
- Provide support to staff for all hardware and software issues within SLA’s.
- Offer advice on best practices and enforce security policies in accordance with our computer usage guidelines
- Escalate high level technical issues to senior members of the team
- Provide face to face support to our campus-based staff and students alongside remote support for other Arden group sites.
- Installation and deployment of new PC’s, laptops and other devices.
- Maintain up-to-date installation of all staff and student PCs, laptops and other devices.
- Provide AV support for teaching and conferencing
- Creation and management of user accounts across multiple systems
- Work alongside members of the Infrastructure Team to build and maintain standardised desktop images
- Contribute towards a global knowledgebase with instructional guides and support documentation for both student and staff IT services
- Conduct frequent classroom checks and perform desktop check-ups.
- Contribute towards the continuous development and delivery of IT services
- Assist with future study centre expansion and hardware installation
- Assist with student and staff on-boarding processes by providing workshop-based IT induction sessions
You will be a creative problem solver with a real passion for IT and providing great customer service. You may have worked within similar roles in the past, showing the ability to interpret and resolve technical computing issues. You will remain calm under pressure and feel comfortable explaining technical solutions to all levels of users within a business environment. Harnessing your excellent written and verbal communication skills, you feel confident presenting information to small groups, alongside providing 1-2-1 training.
You will have a great understanding of Microsoft applications and operating systems already, alongside a fundamental understanding and appreciation of a variety of underlying web technologies.
Most importantly, you will have a desire to learn new skills, quickly learning from experience and possess the drive to research and solve unknown issues.
This is an exciting time to join a University that represents the future of Higher Education – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a full job specification.
To apply please send your CV & Covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date.