Nurse Practitioner, Duke Street Integrated Pain Program
The Integrated Pain Program is a new program, which is designed to offer a proactive approach to managing patients who are in pain or likely to have pain. The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will be part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of a LCSW, APP, and MD to co-manage patients who are in pain. The APP will have a role in the management of high risk and moderate risk pain patients.
1. Obtain and record details of patient history
2. Perform physical examinations in outpatient setting
3. Work with behavioral health and social work to address barriers to managing pain
4. Provide education in clinic and educational materials to help patients understand and manage their pain
5. Prescribe and order appropriate medications, labs, tests and procedures for patients
6. Clinical documentation in Epic system
7. Review of lab and test results from internal and external sources
8. Participate in research projects conducted by supervising physician
9. Train new personnel and participate in teaching of medical/physician assistant students
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
• Desire to work with patient population who has difficulty managing pain
• Prior experience identifying factors and/or barriers that contribute to patients inability to manage or cope with pain
• Experience with Pain Catastrophizing Scale (PCS) and Opioid Risk Tool (ORT)
Requisition Number 401481760
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 5063 NURSE PRACTITIONER
Job Family Level I1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program, with a Master's degree in Nursing.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
No experience required. 3 years of RN experience strongly preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina.
- BLS required.
- National certification as a NP required prior to or within 6 months of employment.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 15 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 15 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Auto req ID