- Student guards will patrol, observe, and report occurrences in and about the campus, via portable radio unit, to the Communications Officer, as well as prepare daily logs.
- Uphold all federal, state, and local laws in addition to University rules and regulations in all areas of University jurisdictions.
- Initiate and submit reports.
- Report to the Communications Officer, by radio or other appropriate means, any criminal damage or activity found in his or her area of assignment.
- This includes broken windows, damaged furniture, or any other vandalized or damaged University property.
- Assist in the orderly evacuation of residence halls and university buildings, in the event of a fire and/or fire alarm or other emergency, when requested by campus security officers.
- Assist students, Residential Life staff, Campus Security Officers and Emergency Medical personnel in emergencies, or when otherwise appropriate or helpful.
- Promote and provide escort services to the campus community.
- Make frequent fire prevention checks, checking fire alarm pull boxes, fire extinguishers, and missing or burnt-out exit signs.
- Report missing fire extinguishers and all unsafe conditions.
- Applicants must be registered students at the University of Michigan-Flint.
- Applicants must have valid driver's license.
- No arrests or convictions.
- Work study is desired but not required.
- Good communication skills.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.