Revenue and Fees Department, Finance
Starting Salary: £26,243
Hours: Full time
We are seeking an individual to act as the Credit Controller for the Revenues and Fees team for the University to assist the Head of Revenues with a firm focus on credit control.
The role holder will work within the financial accounting function of the University which through the Revenue team is the interface between Finance and the student body and external customers and various University departments and staff.
Your primary role will be to assist the Head of Revenues in the efficient and smooth running of the Revenue department. You will be proactively working as part of the Revenue team assisting in other areas as required with the focus on excellent service delivery to both students and external customers along with timely service to the University departments and staff.
You will be responsible for, among other duties:
- Ensure the prompt collection of tuition fees and commercial income (including in both cases income from overseas ventures), ensuring regular communication with Registry and other University departments (such as International, Student Services, Development).
- Ensure the collection of student and other debts are enforced using appropriate documentation and in line with the procedures of the University.
- Third Stream customer accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and statements sent out.
- Assist Fees officers in the collection of current year student debt (both tuition fees and accommodation income).
- Assist in the production of regular (monthly) and ad hoc reports on invoicing, income and debtors (including aged debtors) for inclusion within the monthly management accounts, Finance & Resources Committee papers and other, and for reporting same to the Director of Finance.
- Produce reconciliations of grant income, bursaries and other income-related payments/receipts that are paid into the Tuition Fees bank account and the US Dollar Bank account.
- Receipting and preparation for banking all non-regulated fee income, including administration of credit card payments.
- Attending conferences and keeping abreast of current legalisations regarding Student Loans Company procedures and debt collection processes. Networking with other universities to gain information used to maximise fees collection
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to gain experience in the Universities Finance Department within the dynamic Higher Education sector.
For further information about the role and for details on how to apply, please click here