Postdoctoral Research Fellow
A three year Fellowship position (position code 1352) for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow is available at the Department of Medical Genetics on the project entitled The regulatory role of genetic risk factors for autoimmune diseases on thymic antigen presenting cells and self-tolerance, which is financed by the Research Council of Norway.
The project anchored in the research group Genetics of Autoimmunity and cancer led by Professor Benedicte A. Lie. For more details about the group, please visit the web site at https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/english/research/groups/autoimmunity-canc....
- PhD in molecular biology, bioinformatics or related fields.
- Proven experience with bioinformatics analysis of next generation sequencing data and competent with multiple tools (Java, R, Python, Perl, confident working with Linux, experience with RNA-seq analysis (BWA, Bowtie, Star, Samtools, Bedtools, DE-seq, etc.)
- Skills in biostatistics analyses, as well as laboratory skills with molecular biology methods, are an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in scientific writing, working with graphical software (Illustrator, Photoshop or Coral draw), scientific presentations, and preferably also in supervising students.
- Knowledge in immunology and autoimmunity will be an asset.
- The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- We are looking for highly motivated, hard-working and organized candidates with ability to work both alone and in team.
- The successful candidate should have a genuine interest in pursuing an academic career.
- An exciting research environment with opportunities for academic development.
- Salary NOK 497 000 - NOK 576 100 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- Favorable pension arrangements
- Attractive welfare arrangements
How to apply
The application must include
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- A complete list of publications
- Up to 3 academic publications that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Letters of recommendation or names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the links “apply for this job”. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
- Applicants, who are invited for an interview, are asked to bring educational certificates, diploma or transcript of records.
Professor Benedicte Alexandrea Lie, phone number +47 23 01 66 46, e-mail:email@example.com
HR- adviser Karoline Berg-Eriksen, (questions regarding the online application form), e-mail: Karoline.firstname.lastname@example.org