PhD Reseach Fellowship in Genetics of Autoimmunity Research
A three-year full time PhD Research Fellowship is available in the Group Genetics of Autoimmunity, the Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Clinical Medicine, The Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). The position is funded by the Research Council of Norway.
The project is entitled the regulatory role of genetic risk factors for autoimmune diseases on thymic antigen presenting cells and self-tolerance. The project is anchored in the research group Genetics of Autoimmunity and cancer led by Professor Benedicte A. Lie. For more details about the group, please visit the web site at https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/english/research/groups/autoimmunity-canc....
The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree. The fellow must fulfill the requirements of and take part in the PhD program at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Oslo and is expected to complete the degree within the set fellowship period.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related fields.
- Experience and practical skills in molecular biology methods like qPCR, working with RNA, Western blotting and sequencing are required.
- Knowledge and experience in cell culture work and flow cytometry is an advantage.
- Skills in bioinformatics and biostatistics analyses using R will be an asset.
- The candidate must be fluent in English.
- Knowledge in immunology and autoimmunity will be an asset.
- We are looking for highly motivated, hard-working and organized candidate with ability to work both alone and in team.
- The successful candidate should have a genuine interest in research and in pursuing a doctoral degree.
- An exciting research environment with opportunities for academic development.
- Pay Grade 51-57, from NOK 449 400 to NOK 497 000, depending on qualifications in a position as PhD Research fellow (position code 1017)
- Favorable pension arrangements
- Attractive welfare arrangements
How to apply
The application must include
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- A complete list of publications
- Up to 3 academic publications that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Letters of recommendation or names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “ apply for this job”. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Applicants, who are invited for an interview, are asked to bring educational certificates, diploma or transcript of records.
Professor Benedicte Alexandrea Lie, phone number +47 23 01 66 46, e-mail:email@example.com
HR- adviser Karoline Berg-Eriksen, (questions regarding the online application form), e-mail: Karoline.firstname.lastname@example.org