Reporting to the Senior Producer, the Video Producer will create high-quality video content for daily distribution over a consumer-facing website, multiple social media channels, newsletters and syndication partners.
- Produce long-form feature videos about the YSM community of patients, advocates, doctors and caregivers.
- Produce videos of YMG doctors, condition and disease primers, and similar types of short-form informational content
- Research and pre-production: Book talent — predominately patients and doctors — set shoot schedules, etc.
- Transcribe and script, work alongside video editors and senior staff in post-production and editing
- Ensure the integrity of all video databases, records and files
- Produce native videos for distribution on the YSM Facebook, YouTube and Twitter social channels, and marketing pieces for the broader organization
- Package and publish content in a number of backend systems: YSM’s primary CMS and third-party platforms, such as YouTube
- Take part in editorial planning. A constant stream of fresh ideas and perspectives are vital to success
- Embrace analytics as a vital tool to understand and benchmark content consumption and user behavior, and will work with senior staff to evolve his/her work per that feedback
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 year’s video production experience a newsroom or agency environment. Consumer-facing background is required.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability with, or a strong interest in health, wellness and science content. Proven success, demonstrated via samples, in building and tagging multi-faceted content using a variety of content management and web systems. Strong knowledge of camera, studio lighting and audio equipment.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Proven success, demonstrated via before and after samples, providing UI and UX improvements to a technology team.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Fluency with digital content publishing; SEO, tagging, keywording, archiving and naming conventions.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated an understanding of data and analytics as used on the web, mobile and key social platforms: Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. Ability in juggling daily deadlines with long-term projects; ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Stellar interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to work occasional off-hours on nights and weekends, as deadlines dictate.
Ability to lift 40 pounds.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.