Moleculary Biology Laboratory Technician
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Lois lab [http://www.bbe.caltech.edu/content/carlos-lois ] in the Division of Biology and Biological Engineering at Caltech has an opening for a full-time technician in a molecular neurobiology research laboratory. The position is expected to start around winter 2018/spring 2019. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work on a research project focused on synthetic molecular biology systems to investigate assembly of brain circuits and cell lineage. The research combines techniques in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, signal transduction, and transgenesis in drosophila and mice. The candidate will participate in a project in close collaboration with the laboratory head. The candidate will primarily pursue her/his main project, in addition to occasionally assisting with other laboratory projects.
- Molecular cloning
- Generation and analysis of transgenic animals
- Microscopy image analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or another related field
- Must be able to use sound judgment to handle a variety of tasks and to shift priorities simultaneously, as well as to effectively solve problems
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Some practical experience in molecular biology or biochemistry
- Working knowledge of current research in Molecular Biology