Research Assistant I
How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position. The cover letter should specifically address your interest in this position and outline particular skills and experience directly related to this position.
The Michigan Medicine Office of Development Prospect Development team is seeking a research assistant for a series of deadline-driven projects.
Primary job responsibilities include: database lookups; fact checking and cross-referencing; copy editing, formatting, and proofreading; preparing documents to be imaged; submitting database updates; preparing background information for briefings.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- One to two years of research experience is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Strong reading comprehension and ability to learn from context.
- Strong commitment to quality and consistency.
- Meticulous attention to detail is critical.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Intermediate internet searching.
- Good listening skills.
- Proficient and experienced with advanced features of the Microsoft Office 2007 suite (Word, Excel and Access).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word mail merge and formatting with speed and accuracy is necessary.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, handle last-minute changes, and adapt as procedures evolve.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Google Chrome and Google Docs.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud/DART preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of relational databases preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and work independently.
- Must be flexible with work hours and scheduling.
Position pays $12/hr. M-F, 20-30 hrs/wk between 8am and 5pm. Assignment begins ASAP and is expected to last 1 year.
If you are selected for this position, in addition to background screening, all Michigan Medicine positions are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug test and Michigan Medicine health screening. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.