Sales Invoicing Assistant
Location : Oxford Road, Manchester
Closing Date : 16/10/2018
Salary : £20,836 - £22,659 per annum (according to relevant experience)
Employment Type : Fixed Term
Faculty / Organisational Unit : Professional Support Services
Division : Financial Accounting
Hours Per week : 35
Contract Duration : ASAP until September 2020
The university has a centralised department responsible for the processing of non-research invoice billing into the financial systems.
The role in the team is to process the sales invoice and credit note requests.
As part of this role the responsibilities will include the following:
- A central resource for reviewing and processing of sales invoice and credit note requests from all of the university faculties into the Oracle system.
- Support and perform additional billing requirements for recharges to the NHS
- Ensure compliance of invoice requests to university finance procedures and regulations.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff on how to complete the process
- Review debt queries as and when deemed appropriate.
- Provide support to the Finance Operations manager relating to sales invoice queries.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The person appointed should:
- Familiar with using Financial Systems, ideally with knowledge around sales invoicing.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- Experience using Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrate good customer service skills
- Be able to manage and prioritise potentially conflicting workloads with varying deadlines
- To maintain and promote a positive image of the University’s finance service and capabilities to all contacts, internally and externally
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The person appointed might have:
- Experience using Oracle system
- Experience working in Higher Education sector.
- Understanding of controls and processes around sales invoicing
- As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies
Enquiries about vacancy shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Paul Yates
Tel: 0161 275 4499
Tel: 0161 850 2004
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date